Thursday, July 14, 2011

And did the Countenance Divine, Shine forth upon our clouded hills?

Luke Ford writes:

January 26, 1986 was Super Bowl (XX) Sunday. I listened to the game as I drove my 1966 VW Bug from Auburn (where I’d just pulled a shift in the news department of KAHI/KHYL radio) to my friends the Muth family at Pacific Union College (PUC) in Angwin.

The night before, I’d covered the Sacramento Kings basketball game.

Why was this a big deal?

Well, I moved to PUC from Australia with my parents in May of 1977. Over the next year, I fell in love with America’s three main sports of football, basketball and baseball. I didn’t watch them much on TV (my family didn’t own one) but I read a lot of books about them. I had an intellectual approach that many adults appreciated.



No comments: