Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why Do I Want To Teach Alexander Technique?

Luke Ford writes:

By the end of this year, I’ll be a certified teacher of Alexander Technique.

Why is this important to me? Well, I never graduated from college. I got sick and had to drop out short of my undergraduate degree. This will be my first tertiary certificate. This is my equivalent of college.

Alexander Technique (AT) will be an honorable way to earn a living. It’s a happy healthy tranquil line of work. It connects me to a great community of AT teachers. I can go anywhere in the world and connect with fellow AT teacher.

AT gives me a legitimate way to teach people, to heal people, to touch people, to transform people.

Teaching will help me bond with others. It creates opportunities to teach at a university, just like my dad did.

AT is a cool thing to talk about with strangers. 



No comments: